The Principles of Organised Effort
1. 1st order Creativity – an objective or vision (or product or outcome) is imagined
2. Clarity – out of which comes a definite objective
3. Method – to be achieved by a coordinated series of related tasks
4. Motivation – carried out for appropriate rewards, material or otherwise, or to avoid sanctions
5. Discipline – by people who understand and are able to do the work
6. 2nd order Creativity – and improve the method and their own effectiveness as they work
7. Leadership – under the guidance of those who continually communicate the vision and create the conditions for its achievement.
These are the principles of organised effort. Think about how they apply to putting a man on the moon, building the pyramids, launching the next Apple product, building a car – or your current project, company and objectives.