IT organisations are full of opportunities to reduce costs and improve services through efficient Governance, processes and organisational structures.
Reduce IT costs and improve services
Typically, IT Governance is a starting point, the place where your organisation can ensure that the change projects it undertakes are serving the needs of the business and the customer. Governance is where we identify cost saving opportunities by ensuring that:
- The right projects are delivered, and the wrong projects are stopped
- Unnecessary bureaucracy is removed from the governance process by applying an effective risk model
- Low risk projects can be fast-tracked, and higher risk projects assessed for value and benefit delivery before premature over-commitment of resources
- Demand management is utilised to flex expensive resource requirements
- Services are managed across their life cycles so that TCO is accurate and there are no surprises – for example in the costs of support and maintenance
- Service are introduced without expensive and embarrassing service interruptions
Process and functional efficiency is the second main area where cost savings can be achieved while improving services. Over the years Verax has found that the primary areas for driving improvement are:
- Service desk efficiency – streamlined management, processes and tools
- Problem management – permanent removal of the reasons for service interruption
- Change management – reduced bureaucracy and improved discipline
- Incident management – streamlined processes and more effectively managed support
- Capacity management – pro-active avoidance of service interruptions and poor performance
You may want to be be more specific and focus on how to improve IT processes.
FOR MORE INFORMATION WITH NO OBLIGATION – Please use the form below.
OR CALL +44 (0) 1474 730 440